Welcome to wiki This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!
1) Basic Fluid Mechanics And Hydraulic Machines PDF Free Download
2) Fluid Mechanics And Hydraulic Machines by R K Bansal
3) Strength of material by RK Bansal PDF Free download
4) Irrigation Engineering And Hydraulic Structures By Santosh Kumar Garg
5) Civil Engineering Objective type book by SS.Bavikatti PDF Free Download
6) Steel Structures Design And Practice by Subramanian
7) Design Of Steel Structures Sk Duggal Pdf Download
8) ESTIMATION AND COSTING TEXTBOOK BY BN DATTA PDF FREE DOWNLOAD
9) Concrete Construction Engineering Handbook by Edward G. Nawy
10) Design of Concrete Structures by David Darwin PDF Free Download
11) Advanced Concrete Technology ( testing and Quality ) by John Newman PDF Free Download
12) Surveying And Levelling By N.N Basak PDf Free Download
13) Soil Mechanics And Foundation Engineering by K.R Arora
14) Prestressed Concrete by N. Kishana Raju PDF Free Download
15) Basic Civil Engineering by Satheesh Gopi PDF Free Download
16) Surveying Vol.II By Dr. B. C. Punmia PDF Free Download
17 ) Irrigation and Water Power Engineering By B.C. Punmia PDF FREE DOWNLOAD
18) Railway Engineering by Satish Chandra And M.M Agarwal Pdf free download
“Construction sector has various career options for professionals like Architect, Consultant and Management. Professionals develop career clarity with time and sometime the charm of becoming an architect aspires. But lack of career consulting in this professionals restrict future Architects. In this article we will share how you can become architect”
Architect is an individual who design buildings and in many case also supervise their construction. There are two institutes related to Architecture profession
Council of Architecture (COA)
The Council of Architecture (COA) has been constituted by the Government of India under the provisions of the Architects Act, 1972, enacted by the Parliament of India, which came into force on 1st September, 1972. The Act provides for registration of Architects, standards of education, recognized qualifications and standards of practice to be complied with by the practicing architects.
The Indian Institute of Architects (IIA)
The Indian Institute of Architects (IIA) is the National body of Architects in the country. Established in 1917, the institute today has more than 20,000 members and plays a major role in promoting the profession of architecture by organising and uniting the Architects of India to promote aesthetic, scientific and practical efficiency of the profession both in Practice and in Education.
In India if you want to use the title ‘Architect’ you should be registered with COA. COA also maintains online directory to check & verify the credentials of Architect who is authorized to design & sign the drawings. Residential buildings which are less than 50 Sqm in size can be designed by non-Architect person. Buildings which are above 50 sqm in size require a registered Architect to design the building & sign the drawings for submission to Municipality. It will be interesting to learn that In India there are two type of de-facto Architects which are a) ‘Liaison Architect’ and b) ‘Design Architect’
Liaison Architect is specialized architect who is well versed with submission and document requirements of local municipality while Design Architect is more concerned about the requirement fulfillment of Customers. It means, we have a scenario where Design Architect who understand customer requirement and well versed with latest technology can actually works on ground for designing the work while liaison architect takes the requirement and make sure its submissions are in line with municipality requirements. This is one of the reasons that we are having lot of building specialist working as Architects in India. They are well versed with Architecture and Engineering Techniques but cannot be called as Architect as they are not registered with COA. COA has full right to appeal against them if they designate themselves as Architects in India
In short, If you want to be member of COA you can apply only if you have 5 years Bachelor of Architecture Degree from listed institutes in India. If you are among those who are aspirants of becoming architect and have not studied 5 years B.Arch from listed colleges, you may have following questions.
Q. I have studied Architecture abroad, How can I become registered Architect in India?
A. You need to contact COA for provisions, your courses may need additional practices with Indian Architect for few years before applying to COA for Architect Status.
Q. I have completed 4 Years B.Tech/M.Tech in Civil Engineering. How can I become registered Architect in India?
A. You may need to do 2 years Diploma Course in Architecture from listed Institute and practice under registered Indian Architect for 7 years before applying for Architecture title with COA.
Q. I have completed additional M.Arch course, Does it help in quick registration with COA?
A. You have to follow same process and apply for license as B.Arch.
This article is based on the discussions with various architects in industry and special thanks is given to Ar. Sanjay Prakash, SHiFt and Ar. Kapil, Serie for constructive discussions. This article shall be followed for making up your mind to start practicing as Architect. In case, above article encourages you to work and practice as Architect in India, contact COA for exact requirement and application process. You can also join IIA which helps in promoting architecture in India.
(Make sure you check promotions, updates, social, spam tab of your mailbox. Add email@example.com in you contact list for proper delivery of future lessons)
To complete the subscription process, please click the link in the email we just sent you separately.
Few days back we have launched a platform where community people can join as volunteer to Learn Construction Management. This initiative went successful and we have found many enthusiastic volunteers like MAV Mothilal, MAV Akshay, MAV Sanjay who are actively participating in bridging academics with industry. We sometimes discuss innovative solution and realized the need of various WhatsApp Group where construction related Question, Thoughts, Videos, Images and more can be shared for knowledge exchange.
Following are de facto policy of group:
1. Members should post only construction relation articles and news
2. No Personal Comments shall be encourage and may lead to forced removal from group
3. Admin Rights are distributed among Volunteers who shall be responsible for keeping eyes on activites
4. Don’t share any material which is related Sex, Politics and Personal.
5. Most Important No Good Morning, Good Evening, Festive like messages.
6. All the Best with Learning in new Environment